Please copy and paste the application into an email, answer the following questions, and email it to us at email@example.com.
E-mail (that you check):
1. Why do you want to be on The Spectator?
2. What extracurricular activities do you currently partake in?
3. What are your time constraints, if any? Please include your extra-curriculars. Be specific.
4. Why are you interested in joining the Business Department?
5. Do you have any past experience working with companies, people, or fundraising?
6. What are different types of companies that you would approach for advertising? Be general.
7. List three specific companies that you would immediately contact if you were accepted into Spectator Business.
8. How would you start a conversation with a prospective business over the phone?
9. Say you were trying to convince the owners of Terry’s place an ad in our newspaper. How do you catch their attention? What are some things they should know? How would you taylor your pitch to their needs?
10. How do you face a client that says he is too busy? Or that he is not interested?
11. Can you put in at least half an hour a week to get advertisements?
12. The Business Department relies on a great deal of communication amongst members. Do you check your e-mail often? Do you text?